California, Wednesday, June 5, 2019, Eid ul Fitr, 1440 AH
 - As Muslims, we love wearing our religion upon our forehead. We are also perhaps the most ritualistic pious people on earth. Our mosques are full of heaven seekers. But when it comes to implementing the core meaningful constructs of the religion which transcend the rituals of piety, we are the proverbial empty drum – make a lot of noise. We love to carry the banner of "Islam" in our names, titles, institutions, national constitutions, etc. The non-Muslim not entirely taken in by our show of pious rituals would surely have noticed that more we use the word "Islamic" in our designations and affiliations, more we appear to please false gods while making all our pretenses to the One True God we proclaim to worship.
 - Between being useful idiots and pleasing false gods, the choice is often straightforward for us Muslims. Do both. No outsider can tell the difference anyway. It has many advantages – for when caught, we can proclaim we were fooled, that we didn't know. Works great – on the one hand it serves the interests of the false gods du jour, on the other it protects us from retribution if ever the false gods change and new ones become our masters.
 - Unlike Christians and Christianity, we have two completely separate words to designate the people who proclaim to follow the religion or are born into that culture (Muslims) vs. the divine religion (Islam). Any time you see one terminology aliasing for another, you might do well to remember that there is some ax to grind somewhere. Bernard Lewis is the venerable master of this obfuscation now being amiably carried by CAIR, when he began his treatise “Crisis of Islam – Holy War and Unholy Terror” with the following gem:
“It is difficult to generalize about Islam. To begin with, the word itself is commonly used with two related but distinct meanings, as the equivalents both of Christianity, and Christendom. In the one sense, it denotes a religion, as system of beliefs and worship; in the other, the civilization that grew up and flourished under the aegis of that religion. The word Islam thus denotes more than fourteen centuries of history, a billion and a third people, and a religious and cultural tradition of enormous diversity.” (Bernard Lewis, Crisis of Islam, pg. 1).
That last sentence is the diabolical deception with which imperial craftsmanship subverts our religion: “The word Islam thus denotes more than fourteen centuries of history, a billion and a third people, and a religious and cultural tradition of enormous diversity.”
According to the Author of the Holy Qur'an upon which the religion of Islam is based, the word Islam denotes only, and only, the following: “This day have I perfected for you your religion and completed My favor on you and chosen for you Islam as a religion;” ( الْيَوْمَ أَكْمَلْتُ لَكُمْ دِينَكُمْ وَأَتْمَمْتُ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعْمَتِي وَرَضِيتُ لَكُمُ الْإِسْلَامَ دِينًا ۚ Holy Qur'an, Surah Al-Maida 5:3)
That is the only, repeat only, context in which the word “Islam” can be legitimately used. It is the only context in which Qur'an has used it – as indicating a divine religion, quite separate from its followers, and the affairs of its followers. That separation of terminology is itself espoused in the Holy Qur'an by virtue of having a separate terminology. It is in fact a distinction of Islam in comparison to all the other Abrahamic religions which do not feature such a clear separation. This is why followers of Prophet Muhammad for instance are not called Mohammedans, nor believers of Islam Islamic, except by the prejudicial orientalists. The word designated in the Holy Qur'an for them is Muslims.
All who misuse the Qur'anic terminology, Muslims and non-Muslims alike, are either ignorant peoples, or, the respected apprentices of Machiavelli. In the latter case, they deliberately try to subvert the religion of Islam by associating it with the inglorious deeds, and the kingly history of Muslims. One can immediately see the result of such gratuitous binding – read the afore-cited book of Bernard Lewis if one is a naïve baby only born yesterday and magically became a scholar overnight.
Based solely on that premeditated collateral damage to language – drawing false associations by overloading semantics in an already well-defined nomenclature, also the principal basis of subliminally as well as cognitively binding something virtuous with something abhorrent such that when the virtuous is mentioned, the abhorrent naturally springs to mind – that Samuel Huntington, the late circus clown of empire at Harvard, diabolically made the following statement in his treatise “The Clash of Civilizations”:
“The underlying problem for the West is not Islamic fundamentalism. It is Islam, a different civilization whose people are convinced of the superiority of their culture and are obsessed with the inferiority of their power. The problem for Islam is not the CIA or the US Department of Defense. It is the West, a different civilization whose people are convinced of the universality of their culture and believe that their superior, if declining, power imposes on them the obligation to extend that culture throughout the world. These are the basic ingredient that fuel conflict between Islam and the West.” (Samuel Huntington, The Clash of Civilizations and the Remaking of World Order, 1996, pg. 217)
Since when did the word "Islam" indicate civilization? A civilization is an aggregate of peoples. Whereas Islam is a religion. A religion can be practiced in any civilization and by any peoples, including right here in the USA. Samuel Huntington's teacher was evidently Bernard Lewis, and they incestuously fed off each other in seeding Islamophobia in service to their own cause.
Such premeditated collateral damage to language, and fanning the flames of Islamophobia years in advance, enabled forging the US foreign policy in the aftermath of 9/11 against the cleverly devised Hegelian construct of “militant Islam”, to mask what Zbigniew Brzezinski termed “imperial mobilization” in his own treatise, “The Grand Chessboard”, pg. 36.
The roots of Islamophobia are very deep and very distinguished indeed. As noted in the letter to CAIR below, it is the twain of Islamofascism and militant Islam – the pretext for the 'War on Terror'. One cannot be examined in isolation from the other any more than the leaves of a tree can be examined in isolation from its DNA, or cause from its effect. 'Tis rather obvious!
 - We Muslims understand this sub-text of the War on Terror – even when we refuse to say it out loud in public. One can hear it in hushed living-room conversations throughout the Muslim world. We might act cowardly in public – but we aren't so stupid when we stare in the mirror.
 - While one expects empire and its instruments to indulge in such diabolically specious story-telling, and they do – from academe to politicians to newsmedia – one does not expect the self-proclaimed representatives of its victims to do the same. But this anomalous behavior resoundingly echoes in every instance of Muslims' representation today, from mosques to secular non-profit institutions like CAIR. The one thing which perhaps sheds some penetrating light on this vile zeitgeist is the following insight of Martin Luther King Jr. into a colonized mind:
“The white establishment is skilled in flattering and cultivating emerging leaders. It presses its own image on them and finally, from imitation of manners, dress, and style of living, a deeper strain of corruption develops. This kind of Negro leader acquires the white man’s contempt for the ordinary Negro. He is often more at home with the middle-class white than he is among his own people. His language changes, his location changes, his income changes, and ultimately he changes from the representative of the Negro to the white man into the white man’s representative to the Negro. The tragedy is that too often he does not recognize what has happened to him.”, -- (Martin Luther King Jr., A Testament of Hope, pg. 307)
Two references are useful study in this regard for scholars and laity alike: the FAQ on 'House Negro', and The Autobiography of Malcolm X which timelessly captures the 'nigger' who lives to be 'white'. There is hardly a Muslim who will not understand these matters, our earnestness at playing the fool notwithstanding. We know, deep within our heart, who is carrying the White Man's Burden. The worst 'niggers' among us are our learned academics. They usually find a welcoming home in America's vast academic complex, especially as dissent-chiefs. It must soothe the conscience to be innocent of knowledge of WWF wrestling when one indulges in it. Muslims are the most astute in this regard. We know which side our bread is buttered when we side with the massa whether as its outspoken mouthpieces, or in silent apathy looking from the side as the New Good Germans, as well as when we play its antagonist to win accolades from the same massa as the high consciences of empire!
 – Muslims are also very clever at distorting our own deen-ul-haq. For instance, “jihad-un-nafs” is the Qur'anic concept of inner courage and strength which one must acquire in oneself ( يُجَاهِدُ لِنَفْسِهِ ۚ Holy Qur'an Surah Al-Ankaboot, 29:6) in order to strive for truth and justice in practice, before one will in fact ever be able to practice truth and justice, ( وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالْحَقِّ Holy Qur'an Surah Al-Asr 103:3) both within oneself and in one's conduct with fellow man. This lofty Islamic concept of “jihad-un-nafs” is often referred out of context by the Uncle Toms, House Niggers, and various apologists for Islam, as simply the “inner struggle” for the control of the “self”. That out-of-context resemantification typically relegates “jihad-un-nafs” to a meaningless spiritual battle of no consequence to alleviating the suffering of fellow man perennially strangulated in systems of tyranny and primacy.
“Jihad-un-nafs” is among the many hijackings of the religion Islam by its venerable imperial scholars, experts, narrators, ulemas and mullahs who have served empire throughout history unto the present day, and the ignorant peoples of all stripes who bow before these “experts” without using their own commonsense, to turn Islam, the religion of implementing justice for oneself as much as for fellow man, the deen-ul-haq, into merely one of a gibberish religion of rituals, selfish obsession with piety and Afterlife while earth burns in hell all around us.
We now delight in our soulful Arabic recitations in the month of Ramadan to be deemed “uber pious” in our many societies around the globe; societies that are by now so steeped in moral hypocrisy that the living zombie Muslim of any nationality thriving on their American Dream, isn't even aware of that shameless fact as he and she partake of this feel-good self-deception in utmost joy.
Indeed, when confronted, he and she would indignantly and self righteously justify and dignify the sham of piety by citing this and that in specious argumentation. Our brazen indulgence to false gods permits bankrolling our existence and spans the whole gamut of co-opted behavior; patiently Waiting for Allah for divine deliverance instead. It is our bold expectation that the sajdas stamped on our forehead from excessive bowing in prayers would be of some use to us for purchasing that easy ticket to Heaven.
Hypocrisy has become like the air we breathe, always in the background, and unnoticed, but absolutely essential for survival; in our case, survival in the jungle of hypocrisy.
Silence has become the better part of valor for enabling the pursuit of the American Dream. Obedience to the narratives and axioms of authority figures as the New Good Germans, is and always has been since time immemorial, the recipe for success and advancement, accolades and cheers. The resemantified “jihad-un-nafs” assuages our guilt considerably.
Anyone pointing out these sorry facts in self-critique, and not caring much for such vile hypocrisy and false piety, i.e., piety that fuels selfish obsession with Afterlife while mankind burns in the hell in this life, is considered a heretic at best.
I decided to punt the heaven that is paid for on the prayer mat a long time ago. No thank you to this khanka-e-deen, the deen of all empires and their false gods from time immemorial.
I won't pray, fast, or go for Haj for selfish deliverance. My daily prayer is to strike at the heart of all tagoots, beginning with my own self --- an endeavor in which I persistently fail. My fast is to strengthen my resolve to strike at the heart of all tagoots --- the endeavor in which I once again fail. My Haj is to bring the world together as humanbeingsfirst ---- another failure of a lifetime. For these failures, I have created, aided and abetted, the hell on earth.
The fundamental purpose of ritual piety, the sur-mashq, is to forge this battleground to help fashion heaven right here on earth by endeavoring to end the hell right here on earth. That failed for me. It is what I created here by commission as well as by omission, is what I should expect in my Afterlife, not petty payment for the sur-mashq that was supposed to get me there. Not a tradesman am I, seeking my commission whether or not the goods promised are delivered.
In this repeated realization, I finally stopped my ritual fasting in this month of Ramadan towards the very end, breaking it during mid day, as the feeling of hypocrisy was overwhelming. Perhaps, not being hypocrite may be the first rung of finding inner peace and tranquility without self-deception. I yearn for this prayer from the Holy Qur'an, Surah Al-Fajr ( يَٰٓأَيَّتُهَا ٱلنَّفْسُ ٱلْمُطْمَئِنَّةُ ٱرْجِعِىٓ إِلَىٰ رَبِّكِ رَاضِيَةً مَّرْضِيَّةً ), which shall never be fulfilled in my case as the categorical imperatives in the religion of Islam that take one to it are too difficult for hypocrites:
“O soul that art at rest! Return to your Lord, well-pleased (with him), well-pleasing (Him)” (89:27, 89:28).
Adapted from Introduction to Muslim Hypocrisy: https://print-humanbeingsfirst.blogspot.com/2011/07/cair-report-islamophobia-rising-usa.html
Hypocrisy among all New Good Germans chasing their American Dream continues in The Ivy League Morons Syndrome: https://print-humanbeingsfirst.blogspot.com/2011/01/ivy-league-morons-syndrome-zahirebrahim.html
and in The Fable of the Bees: https://print-humanbeingsfirst.blogspot.com/2011/11/seduction-of-science-and-technology.html
American People's Hypocrisy continues in America’s Profound Shame: https://prisonersofthecave.blogspot.com/2007/04/preface.html
Zahir Ebrahim | Project Humanbeingsfirst.org
Source URL: https://print-humanbeingsfirst.blogspot.com/2019/06/self-appraisal-muslim-hypocrisy.html
Faith-Politico URL: https://faith-humanbeingsfirst.blogspot.com/2019/06/self-appraisal-muslim-hypocrisy.html
Source PDF URL: https://sites.google.com/site/humanbeingsfirst/download-pdf/self-appraisal-muslim-hypocrisy-zahirebrahim.pdf
First published on Eid day, Wednesday, June 5, 2019 2494
Self-appraisal: Muslim-hypocrisy by Zahir Ebrahim 6 / 6